Manchester United players celebrate at Old Trafford

Manchester United will not say whether they have received ransom demands for cyber attacks

United’s Champions League game with Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir went as planned on Tuesday

Manchester United won’t say whether they have received ransom demands for last week’s cyber attack on the club that forced them to shut down their systems.

United said Friday they were hit by a “subtle” attack and the problem is still causing disruption.

The Daily Mail reportedexternal link Hackers have claimed “millions of pounds”.

United said they had not identified a motive for the attack and rejected proposals that the attackers would still be in control of the systems.

The clubs Champions League game with the Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir proceeded as planned on Tuesday, although some administrative issues related to entry to Old Trafford had to be changed for those present.

While the issue is still bothering the club a lot, including emails not working this week, it is believed that the investigation and recovery work aimed at keeping their internal systems secure is at an advanced stage .

The National Cyber ​​Security Center, which advises companies that have been victims of attacks, was involved and advised the club.

United said in a statement: “Following the recent cyber attack on the club, our IT team and outside experts secured our networks and conducted forensic investigations.

“This attack was inherently disruptive, but we are currently unaware that fan data is being compromised.

“Critical systems required for games at Old Trafford remained secure and the games went on as usual.

“The club will not comment on speculation about who was responsible for this attack or the motives behind it.”

Banner image reading around the BBC - BlueFooter - Blue