Alex Trebek following News of his death on November 8th at the age of 80. The Twitter account for his longstanding game show, Danger!, announced that Trebek had died on Sunday morning after a battle with pancreatic cancer. “data-reactid =” 16 “> After the news of his death on November 8th at the age of 80, tributes pour in for the game show legend Alex Trebek The long-running game show Jeopardy !, announced that Trebek was following on Sunday morning died in a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Alex Trebek died at the age of 80. (Photo: Emma McIntyre / Getty Images)
Dhruv Gaur used his answer “Final Jeopardy” to the message “We [heart] Yo, u Alex. “And in one result of Danger! which aired ThursdayJust three days before his death, he saw candidate Burt Thakur tearing up as he told Trebek how watching the show with his grandfather helped him learn English. “data-reactid =” 32 “> Trebek’s health struggles, which he made public for the first time March 2019 caused some fans to send him love and praise in the months before his death. In November 2019, a normally unshakable Trebek became emotional when candidate Dhruv Gaur used his “Final Jeopardy” reply to convey the message “We [heart] Yo, u Alex. “And in an episode of Jeopardy! On Thursday, just three days before his death, candidate Burt Thakur was torn apart when he told Trebek how watching the show with his grandfather helped him learn English.
“I sat on his lap every day and watched you,” Thakur said. “So it’s a very special moment. Many thanks.”
After the news of Trebek’s death, Thakur, who had won his game, shared a poem and wrote: “I am just overwhelmed by emotions and my heart goes out to the Trebek family.”
now a producer for the show That made him a household name, adding, “I’m grateful for every minute I got to spend with him.” “Data-reactid =” 40 “> Jennings, who is now the producer for the show, made him one famous name added: “I’m grateful for every minute I have to spend with him.”
Think of his family and his peril today! Family – which in some ways belonged to millions of us.
– Ken Jennings (@ KenJennings) November 8, 2020 “GOAT” player James Holzhauer praised Trebek both as an “impartial arbiter for truth and facts in a world that needs just that” – and as an “underrated rapper”. “data-reactid =” 43 “>” GOAT “player James Holzhauer praised Trebek as both an” impartial referee for truth and facts in a world that needs just that “- and” an underrated rapper “.
Alex was so much more than a host. He was an impartial arbiter for truth and facts in a world that needs just that. He was someone you could count on to keep you entertained every day of the week, even when his health barely permitted. And he was an underrated rapper: pic.twitter.com/ybvp7RlvjH
– James Holzhauer (@James_Holzhauer), November 8, 2020 Danger! Champion said he was “just disappointed” with the sad news. “data-reactid =” 46 “> Brad Rutter, another popular Jeopardy! champion, said he was” just disappointed “with the sad news.
Various celebrities and news outlets also shared their reactions.
I was obsessed with Jeopardy as a nerdy kid growing up in Ohio. I have loved and adored Alex Trebek for as long as I can remember. What an iconic career. RIP Alex Trebek.
– John Legend (@johnlegend) November 8, 2020
Deeply saddened by the death of Alex Trebek. I had the privilege of knowing him. As you can imagine, he exuded quiet demeanor, class, intelligence and overflowing warmth when he walked into a room. He brought knowledge to the masses and made “smart” cool. #RIPAlexTrebek https://t.co/9xpE7iOrku
– Lou Diamond Phillips (@LouDPhillips) November 8, 2020
Such sad news about Alex Trebek. He was an immense talent and a class. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
– Meredith Vieira (@meredithvieira) November 8, 2020
We mourn #alextrebek – a friend, a colleague, an icon. He graced us with warmth, wit and sheer elegance, which is why we welcomed him to our homes year after year, night after night.
We are deeply saddened by his wife Jean, his family and millions of Jeopardy fans.
– Robert Iger (@RobertIger) November 8, 2020
Alex Trebek was like a family member that I watched every evening. I remember going on the set to record a show for him before starting my television career. He was a huge influence and one of a kind. Rest in peace, Alex. https://t.co/B9wq95uRg4
– Ryan Seacrest (@RyanSeacrest) November 8, 2020
Couldn’t we have a nice weekend? A kind gentleman whose excellence was so consistent that it was easily taken for granted. Have a good rest, Mr. Trebek. https://t.co/Zq7RN6kSKk
– Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) November 8, 2020 Diversity. Plans have not yet been made to announce a new host. “Data-reactid =” 69 “> While Trebek is gone, his presence will shine on TV screens for a while longer. Sony has confirmed that episodes will be hosted by the legendary host, who stopped filming on October 29, according to Variety aired on December 25. Plans to announce a new presenter have not yet been made.