Temple football ended the 2020 season with a 1-6 recording. A rough year on North Broad Street saw many people coming and going, and new faces everywhere. Take the quarterback for example. Last year, Anthony Russo was Temple’s leading passerby. Now he’s in Michigan. and D’Wan Mathiswho played in Georgia last year is slated to start for the owls.
The story of walking back is similar. Leading rusher Re’Man Davis went to Vanderbilt. Now a pair of transfers will run the game in progress. Iverson Clement from Florida and Ra’Von Bonner from Illinois should be the backs on Temple’s offensive.
Pennsylvania sports betting apps have low expectations of Temple as they are viewed by odds makers as the greatest chance to win their division and one low winnings.
Rutgers vs. Temple Week 1 betting lines
Temple visits Rutgers on Thursday, September 2nd at 6:30 a.m. for the season opener in Piscataway, New Jersey.
DraftKings Sportsbook has Rutgers as a 14.5 point favorite in the game on Thursday, which will air on the Big Ten Network. Temple is +500 on the moneyline while the Scarlet Knights -720. The total of the game is fixed at 52.
Additional bets are also possible on quarters and halves. Live betting lines should also be published shortly after kick-off.
Betting stats and info for Temple vs. Rutgers from DraftKings
- Each of Rutgers’ last nine games against the Pennsylvania teams is over UNDER the total dotted line.
- The road team has the spread in covered 10 of the last 11 games of Rutgers.
- Last year records: temples 1-6 total, 2-5 ATS. Rutgers 3-6 overall 5-4 ATS.
College Football Week 1 Promos on Sports Betting
The Temple-Rutgers “Border War” is one of 16 games on Thursday night that will help kick off week one college football action.
In addition to the Georgia-Clemson showdown, DraftKings is also offering an incentive that should bring players extra cash for college football season. the “Hammer the Over” campaign is currently at 21.5 points and will drop even lower every 2,500 bets. The max bet is only $ 25, but the odds of winning should be almost certain.
Temple Owls win 2021 season overall
Pennsylvania sports betting is not optimistic about Temple’s outlook this season, underscored by some extremely low totals. Here is a summary of the winning totals for Temple.
- Over 2.5 (-159) / Under 2.5 (+125)
- Over 3 (-110) / Under 3 (-110)
- Over 2.5 (-180) / Under 2.5 (+155)
Temple Owls Football 2021 Odds
The Temple Owls are big numbers in all college football futures markets (odds via DraftKings).
- National championship: +100,000
- American Conference Title Game Winner: +20000
Temple Owls 2021 schedule and betting lines
Betting lines for Temple games beyond Week 1 will be available shortly. In the meantime, here is the full Owls schedule to help you plan your bets.
- 9/2: in Rutgers, 6:30 p.m.
- 9/11: in Akron, 3:30 p.m.
- Sep 18: Boston College, 12 noon
- 25.09 .: Wagner, 12 noon
- 10/2: Memphis, 12 noon
- October 8th: in Cincinnati, 7 p.m.
- October 23: in South Florida, still open
- 30.10 .: Central Florida, still open
- 11/6: in East Carolina, TBD
- 11/13: Houston, still open
- November 20 in Tulsa, TBD
- 11/27: Navy, still open
Owl defense consists of both captains
With the first game only a few days away, Temple announced its captains for 2021 in a tweet on Tuesday. Defensive lineman Adam Klein and security Amir Tyler were chosen to lead the team.
The offense did not produce captains, but wide receivers Jadan Blue, a former selection for all conferences, should make an important contribution to this unity. And Mathis, the transfer quarterback, should also play a central role.