Hundreds Celebrate the Return of the Tower Bridge Dinner and Boost the Sacramento Economy – CBS Sacramento
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento’s Tower Bridge Dinner returned on Sunday after a year-long pandemic hiatus.
Everyone present had to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours.
CONTINUE READING: President Biden arrives in Sacramento Monday to campaign with Newsom
The cancellation last year not only affected providers, but also surrounding companies.
Mike Testa, CEO of Visit Sacramento, said people are excited to be back and the event is giving the local economy a long overdue boost.
“I always tell people, ‘Think about what you’re spending your money on when you leave town.’ That’s exactly what happens in this market from Uber to Lyft, hotels, a bar, a restaurant to a souvenir, it’s a lot of money for our economy, ”he said.
CONTINUE READING: Congregation gathers for the 100th birthday celebration of the Sacramento woman who served as a World War II pilot
Rosalinda Palomino and Carlos Zamudio spent the weekend before dinner downtown.
“Darling Avery, oh that’s different. We are very happy to support local companies. Prefer the local shops, not the big chains, because the money stays here and you help the people here, ”they said.
And as Michelle Saldana enjoyed what the event had done, she too pondered the bigger impact after last year’s dramatic hiatus.
“I’m looking forward to taking part because my daughter naturally works in the restaurant business. Support these restaurants, go out, have dinner, have a drink, fix your life and support them, ”she said.
MORE NEWS: Governor Newsom, top contender Larry Elder Trade Barbs in the California recall
The Farm-to-Fork Festival lasts until Saturday, September 18.