ethereumclassic/Awesome-ETC: An awesome list of resources of all things relating to the Ethereum Classic project.
An awesome list of resources for the Ethereum Classic (ETC) project. This is an open-source project contributed by the ETC community. See contribute to get started supporting this project.
ETC EVM Networks
|Ethereum Classic||MainNet||61||PoW||Core-geth, Besu|
Network Public Utilities
- Block Explorer
- Metrics/ Dashboards
- Core-geth – An ETC protocol providing clients written in Go.
- Hyperledger Besu – An ETC protocol providing client written in Java.
- Bloq Cloud – BloqCloud delivers highly-optimized, always available access to blockchain networks.
- Ethercluster (free) – Ethercluster is an open-source Infura-like alernative based on GKE.
- Rivet – Cloud-based Ethereum APIs that truly just work.
- BUIDL IDE – Second State BUIDL IDE is a web-based IDE that requires no software download or install. It provides a one-stop development and deployment environment for smart contract and dapp developers.
- Dappkit – A ledger-agnostic, high-performance infrastructure and libraries for developers to build and scale decentralized applications. In short, collaborative Firebase for Dapps.
- Embark Framework – Framework for serverless Decentralized Applications using Ethereum, IPFS and other platforms.
- Emerald Platform – Platform for building Dapps for ETC blockchain.
- ESerialize – The goal of this module is to provide easy functions to serialize and deserialize data for the Ethereum Stack.
- Ethereum JSON-RPC API – A specification of JSON-RPC methods that an EVM-based blockchain client must implement.
- Eth Fiddle – Online editor for smart contracts.
- EVM-LLVM – Not only can developers use a large scope of programming languages (Rust for smart contracts!) other than Solidity to target the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), they can also immediately benefit from various development tools built around LLVM infrastructure.
- Ganache – Personal Ethereum blockchain to run tests.
- Jade Suite – The Jade suite of tools empowers developers to create peer-to-peer decentralized applications on top of EVM-based blockchains like Ethereum Classic.
- Mythx – MythX is the premier security analysis service for Ethereum smart contracts. Our mission is to ensure development teams avoid costly errors and make Ethereum a more secure and trustworthy platform.
- Open-RPC – The OpenRPC Specification defines a standard, programming language-agnostic interface description for JSON-RPC 2.0 APIs.
- OpenZeppelin – Battle-tested framework of secure, reusable smart contracts.
- Quorum – Quorum is an open source blockchain platform that combines the innovation of the public Ethereum community with enhancements to support enterprise needs.
- Remix Online IDE – A useful in-browser IDE that can compile and publish smart contracts to various Ethereum networks. Includes a linter.
- Signatory – An offline transaction and message signer for the Ethereum Stack.
- SOLL – The LLVM compiler is finally coming to Solidity. With it, we can easily create smart contracts across multiple blockchain VMs. The EVM on Ethereum Classic and ETH 2.0’s eWASM are among the first we support.
- Sputnikvm – SputnikVM is an open source standalone implementation of Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). It aims to be an efficient, pluggable virtual machine for different Ethereum-based blockchains.
- Truffle Suite – A world class development environment, testing framework and asset pipeline for blockchains using the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), aiming to make life as a developer easier.
EVM Interoperability Projects
- BTC-to-wBTC – Wrapped Bitcoin delivers the power of Bitcoin with the flexibility of an ERC20 token. Bitcoin tokenized on EVMs.
- ETC-to-wETC – The Ethereum Classic Bridge connects ETC-to-ETH, where ETC is available as wETC on the Ethereum (ETH) chain.
- EVM-to-BNC Bridge – The EVM-to-BNC bridge combines the TokenBridge approach with a TSS to approve relay operations and facilitate asset transfer between an EVM chain and the Binance chain.
- Token Bridge – The TokenBridge allows users to transfer data (e.g. digital asset ownership information) between two chains in the Ethereum ecosystem. Cross-chain bridges provide fast and secure connections between blockchains, creating scalability and connection – interoperability – between Ethereum EVM networks.
Step by step guides on using the Ethereum tech stack.
Crowdfunding and freelance
- GitCoin – Crowdfunding and Freelance Developers for Open Source Software Projects.
- Commonwealth – A peer-to-peer savings fund that allows its users to own micro-equity and share fees from its use.
- Grayscale® Ethereum Classic Trust – ETCG is solely and passively invested in Ethereum Classic, enabling investors to gain exposure to ETC in the form of a security while avoiding the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping ETC directly.
- Nifty Wallet
Hardware wallets are secure wallets designed for long term storage.
Software wallets are Desktop or Mobile devices designed for short-term storage.
See more mining pools: https://tinyurl.com/2xpd86p3
Mining Pool Software
Smart Contract Documentation
Theory and Concepts
Learn about the theory behind the Ethereum project.
- Ethereum Stack Exchange – Question and answers about Ethereum.
- Smart contract safety – Ethereum wiki on best practices for safety in smart contracts.
- Accounts, Transactions, Gas, and Block Gas Limits in Ethereum – Functional description of Ethereum accounts, gas and transactions.
- Ethernaut Smart Contract Capture the Flag – Practice hacking Smart Contracts.
- Ethereum Syllabus – Syllabus to learn Ethereum.
- Cryptocurrency Security: University of Illinois 2016 – Cryptocurrency Security Course.
- Stanford CS 251(p): Bitcoin and Crypto Currencies – Stanford Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Course.
- Introduction to Digital Currencies: University of Nicosia – Digital currency introductory MOOC.
- Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology: Concordia University – Introduction to Bitcoin and blockchain technology MOOC.
- Smart Contract Best Practices – Security related best practices for smart contracts.
- Low-Resource Eclipse Attacks on Ethereum’s Peer-to-Peer Network
- The idea of Smart Contracts – Nick Szabo’s idea of smart contracts post from 1997.
- Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System – Satoshi Nakamoto’s original paper is still recommended reading for anyone studying how Bitcoin works.
- Making Smart Contracts Smarter – Smart contract security attacks.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Wiki Philosophy – Some of the core philosophies of Ethereum’s ETC chain.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Improvement Proposals – Standards for the Ethereum’s ETC platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards (ECIPs).
- Ethereum (ETH) Wiki Philosophy – Some of the core philosophies of Ethereum’s ETH chain.
- Ethereum(ETH) )Improvement Proposals – Standards for Ethereum’s ETH platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards (EIPS).
- Understanding the DAO
- The Ethereum Classic Declaration of Independence
- A Crypto-Decentralist Manifesto
- Phyro’s Recap of ETC History
- Ethereum Classic Principles
- Ethereum Classic Vision
- Ethereum Classic Opportunities
- Ethereum Classic vs Ethereum 2.0, What is the Difference?
- Why Proof of Stake is Less Secure Than Proof of Work
- How to Have a Vision for Ethereum Classic Without Creating a Governance Orgy
- The Ethereum Classic vs Ethereum 1.x Dichotomy
- Into the Ether with Ethereum Classic – The Store of Value Commodity to Power the Internet of Things
- What is Ethereum Classic (ETC)? – A Beginner’s Guide to the The Coin that Got Away
Ethereum Project Protocols
Descriptions and implementations of Ethereum-related protocols.
Token Bonding Curves (TBC)
Blogs, Mailing Lists, Newsletters
- Etherplan – Donald McIntyre’s research, articles, & podcast about Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin, and decentralized applications.
- Grayscale® Ethereum Classic Trust – Grayscale Ethereum Classic Trust enables investors to gain exposure to the price movement of ETC through a traditional investment vehicle, without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping ETC.
- Messari’s Ethereum Classic News and Research – Messari brings transparency to the cryptoeconomy. We want to help investors, regulators, and the public make sense of this revolutionary new asset class, and are building data tools that will drive informed decision making and investment.
- Ethereum Classic Today – A weekly summary of everything happening in ETCLand.
- Week in Ethereum News – A summary of everything happening in Ethereum each week.
- Ethereum Worldwide Meetups – Meet up with the local Ethereum community via meetup.com.
- ETC Gifs – Ethereum Classic social media meme repository
- Coingecko Reports – high quality market reports with graph visuals.
- Ethereum Classic Community Art – a collection of Ethereum Classic art.
ETC Summit 2017
ETC Summit 2018
ETC Summit 2019
- ETC Summit 2019 Vancouver: Full Day 1 – October 3rd, 2019
- Opening Address by Bob Summerwill @BobSummerwill, Executive Director of ETC Cooperative.
- The State of Ethereum Classic by Anthony Lusardi @pyskell, Former Executive Director of ETC Cooperative.
- Ethereum Classic Principles, Vision & Opportunity by Donald McIntyre @MyEtherPlan, Researcher, Writer, & Podcaster Etherplan.
- Atlantis Protocol Upgrade & The ETC Roadmap by Afri Schoeden @a4fri, Ethereum Classic Core Developer.
- The Future of JSON-RPC Tooling by Shane Jonas @shanejonas, Co-Lead Tooling Developer at ETC Core.
- Bridging the Decentralized Services Gap by Zane Starr @zanecstarr, Tooling Developer at ETC Core.
- Adding Merkle-Mountain-Ranges and Fly-Proofs to ETC by Zac Mitton @VoltzRoad, Open Source Software Engineer at Voltz Road.
- Ethereum Classic’s ECIP-1050: One Byte of Context by Brooklyn Zelenka @expede, Co-Founder/CTO of FISSION.
- The Year Ahead for Ethereum Classic Labs by Terry Culver @realetclassic, CEO of Ethereum Classic Labs & ETC Core.
- Infrastructure for Decentralizing Distributed Networks by Aaron Lowry @Aaron_Lowry, Co-Founder/CEO of Ethernode.
- Radical Ideals: Experiments in Sustaining Open Source Software by Scott Moore @notscottmoore, Developer Relations Lead at GitCoin.
- POA Network: Development Tools in the ETC Ecosystem by Andrew Gross @poanetwork, Technical Writer for POA Network.
- State of the Ethereum Classic Testnets by Afri Schoeden @a4fri, Ethereum Classic Core Developer.
- Metronome – First Cross-Chain #Cryptocurrency: Chain Hop From ETH to ETC by Manoj Patidar @manojpatidarr, Principal Engineer at Bloq.
- Fireside Chat: Improving Investor Access to Ethereum Classic by Michael Sonnenshein @Sonnenshein, Managing Director of Grayscale.
- The Need for Cross Chain Collaboration by Aidan Hyman @Aidan_IH, Co-Founder/CEO of ChainSafe.
- Developer Relations in Ethereum Classic by Yaz Khoury @Yazanator, Director of Developer Relations at ETC Cooperative.
- ETC Summit 2019 Vancouver: Full Day 2 – October 4th, 2019
- A New Open Source Deal for Web3 by Boris Mann @bmann, Co-Founder of FISSION.
- Positive Sum Games Between Ethereum & Ethereum Classic by Virgil Griffith @virgilgr, Special Projects at the Ethereum Foundation.
- A Peripheral Observer and Fan’s View of Ethereum Classic by Sunny Aggarwal @sunnya97, Researcher & Core Dev at Tendermint & Cosmos.
- Is Open Source Software Immortal? by Zachary Belford @belfordz, Co-Lead Tooling Developer at ETC Core.
- Merging Blockchains: A Technical Perspective by Wei Tang @sorpaas, Core Developer at Parity.
- Ethereum Classic’s EVM LLVM Project by Alan Li @etc_core, Lead Compiler Engineer at ETC Core.
- ECIP-1049: Why Ethereum Classic Should Adopt SHA3 Proof of Work by Alex Tsankov @antsankov, Open Source Developer at Block Reaction.
- Building Trust as a Miner or Miner-Maker by Nishant Sharma @nishantsharma87, PR & Community Relations at Bitmain.
- Ethereum Classic Ethash ASICs by Werner Almesberger @LinzhiCorp, System Architect at Linzhi.
- ETC Summit Platform Panel: Afri Schoedon, Shane Jonas, Wei Tang, Zachary Belford, Zachary Mitton Moderated by Yaz Khoury @Yazanator, Director of Developer Relations at ETC Cooperative.
- ETC Summit Community Panel: Chelsea Palmer, Donald McIntyre, Kevin Lord, Terry Culver, Yaz Khoury Moderated by Bob Summerwill @BobSummerwill, Executive Director of ETC Cooperative.
- “Capture” Was Already Always Happening: The Complexity of Power in Blockchain Ecosystems by Chelsea Palmer @chiselinc, Organizer of DogeCon.
- ETC Summit 2019: Closing Keynote by Charles Hoskinson @IOHK_Charles, Co-Founder/CEO of IOHK & Co-Founder of the Ethereum Project.
To contribute to this document, simply submit an issue or pull request to the feature branch and the maintainers will review. See the Contributing guide for additional information.
Learn Crypto Trading, Yield Farms, Income strategies and more at CrytoAnswers