Leicester’s Harvey Barnes missed the first two games of the season with a knee problem he picked up against Sevilla last month
Leicester winger Harvey Barnes is available for the first time this season after recovering from a knee injury.
Boubakary Soumare will not be there as he is in talks with other clubs about a transfer.
Southampton striker Che Adams suffered a minor injury in last week’s 2-2 draw with Leeds but returned to training on Thursday.
Romain Perraud, Tino Livramento and Theo Walcott remain on the sidelines.
CHRIS SUTTON’S PREDICTION
Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl appears to be under a bit of pressure which seems unfair so early in the season. So it was important for him that they came back from a 2-0 deficit to draw against Leeds last time out.
Hasenhuttl had tinkered with playing three at the back last season but he returned to a four against Leeds and I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks with it here.
Leicester are also struggling at the back, which isn’t exactly helped by uncertainty about Wesley Fofana’s future, but the Foxes still have plenty of quality going forward.
There will be goals in this game and I’m going with Brendan Rodgers to his first win of the season.
Sutton’s full predictions vs Bad Boy Chiller Crew rapper GK
head to head
- Leicester have won 13 Premier League games against Southampton, the most against any opponent.
- Both of Southampton’s victories in their last 10 top-flight encounters came in January 2019 and January 2020 at King Power Stadium 2-1 (U3, N5).
- The Foxes failed to win any of their first three games of a Premier League season for the first time since 2014/15, when they had just been promoted.
- Leicester’s only home defeat in the league in their last 10 games came against Everton in May (W5 L4).
- They have conceded an unrivaled 17 top-flight goals from corners since the start of last season.
- Ayoze Perez has scored nine goals in 13 Premier League games against Southampton.
- Jamie Vardy has scored 99 Premier League goals since he turned 30.
- Southampton came from a 2-0 deficit against Leeds last weekend for their first point in six games.
- Despite this, they haven’t won either of their first two Premier League games in eight seasons out of nine.
- The Saints are without a win in eight away league games (U3, L5) since beating Spurs 3-2 in February.
- They have set the highest club record by conceding multiple goals in eight straight games.
- James Ward-Prowse scored four Premier League goals against Leicester, his combined highest tally against either side. Three of those goals were penalties.
Predict Leicester starting XI for the next game – remember you can change the formation!
Select FormationConfirm team
Predict Southampton’s starting XI for the next game – remember you can change the formation!
Select FormationConfirm team
- Our coverage of your Premier League club is bigger and better than ever – here it is Everything you need to know to make sure you don’t miss a moment